Exercises that Help in Healing Heel Pain
There are many YouTube videos on different types of stretching exercises for your feet, leg, and the entire body. The aim of these exercises is to help improve the movement of the different parts of your body so that you become fit and active.
There is no specific solution for heel pain treatment. There are many of them, which you need to try out in order to get relief. The most common one is the stretching exercise. There are many YouTube videos on different types of stretching exercises for your feet, leg and the entire body. The aim of these exercises is to help improve the movement of the different parts of your body so that you become fit and active. Moreover, these exercises prevent the muscles from getting cramped. Some of the popular stretching exercises for heel pain include the following:
Stretch Your Calves
- Stand at a distance from the wall. Ideally, it should be an arm’s distance.
- Behind your left foot, place your right foot.
- Bend your left leg forward in a slow and gentle fashion.
- Make sure that your right knee is straight and that your right heel always touches the ground.
- You need to hold the stretch for a minimum of 15 to 30 seconds before you release the pose. Repeat this step three times.
- Now reverse the position and do the same thing with your left leg.
This exercise will help to improve the strength of the gastrocnemius muscle in your calf. As the pain starts to diminish deepen the stretch to get better results. However, make sure that you don’t hold the stretches for too long.
Seated Stretching Exercises
The below mentioned three seated stretching exercises are ideal for healing the feet pain and improving your condition. Keep in mind that while carrying out this exercise you need to keep your back straight.
- Sit on a chair, put your foot over a frozen water bottle, and roll your foot back and forth. Do this for 1 minute before you do the same with the other foot.
- Put your one leg over the other, now hold your big toe and pull it gently towards you. Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat this exercise for three times before you do the same with the other foot.
- For this one, you need a towel. Fold it lengthwise and place it under the arches of both feet. Grab the end of the towel and pull your feet towards you. Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat this three times.
All three exercises are aimed at improving the core strength of your feet. Once you start doing it on a regular basis, you will notice the difference soon.
Some important points to remember with regard to heel pain treatment
- Do not rush yourself with the exercise. Start slowly and steadily before you go ahead and increase the intensity of the exercises.
- In addition to these exercises, it is important to wear the correct pair of shoes. Make sure that the ones that you wear are comfortable and don’t put unnecessary pressure on your heels.
- And in case, if you find that the heel pain is still persistent you should go ahead and visit an orthopedic at the earliest.
Other home remedies that you can try out
- Don’t walk barefoot in your home. Always wear slippers.
- Wear a night splinter before going to sleep. The splinter will help to keep the feet stretched throughout the night, which will help in the healing process.
- Use an ice cold pack and place it below the heel so as to get immediate relief. The cold pack will help to keep the inflammation and burning sensation under control.
Try out the above-mentioned measures and notice the difference within a week. What are you waiting for?